Back What's new
  • Update Regarding Multitracks + Registration

It's clear that this thread needs some love and attention. A lot of the links have either expired or been miss-labelled. With the amount of tracks there are, this is quite a practice. I have made the decision to lock this thread from further replies and to put out this notice that I will be refreshing this thread with updated links and guidance where needed.

I will update the thread on multitracks and the first post with any forth coming updates about this in due course. For information - I have also disabled user registrations to do some tidyup. Stay tuned.

Asking for help with a new "2 Bad" remix I'm making. Here's my thoughts on it, and the draft remix. I'm interested in what you think? (1 Viewer)

Not sure where to post this, so I figured the 'Everything Else' section.

Casually, for quite some time now, I've been working on creating a new 2 Bad remix using the multi-tracks and few other sound clips from Mike's songs. It's finally ready as a draft for review. Over the past few months I've been dipping in and out of the track, modifying little sections of it, mostly altering the volume of certain tracks and voice clips to bring some of it to the front and to 'mess it up' a bit. - It's awesome playing around with it. :)

It's a busy mix, over 10 minutes long and because I'm too familiar with it now, I think I've lost objectivity by adding too much into it. I also have hearing loss and use a good pair of bassy headphones while mixing. - The result sounds over processed and some of the volume isn't matched properly - I'm struggling working on it.

I'm absolutely no SWG, Azure or Nick* - and I know that, but I'm hoping for some constructive criticism, what works, what doesn't, do you like it or does it make you go WTF?? - It's an unlisted Video on YT at the moment, and only posted here, I'll try to incorporate any feedback back into the mix before I share more widely.

Presenting "2 Bad (Standing Tho' Ure Kickin' Me Remix)" Thanks for taking the time to listen.. :)

[Draft Redacted] -

Last edited:
60 seconds onwards - those layers dropping one at a time - fantastic. I think the tired of injustice could do with coming in a little bit later. Jam out that funk for a tiny bit longer.

I'm not sure if the history vocals work @ 2:45 - It seems off-key, but it is still cool at the same time. Hmm.

I honestly don't have much feedback after that. It's a funk fest!

I bet @Azura Music could certainly provide some technical feedback though :)

Thanks for this, it's the only feedback I've had so far (apart from my fella who's not an MJ fan and won't get some of the references haha)..

I played around with Scream - there's several versions of this lol - and it's placed in different parts. You mean, extended the music longer before any lyrics? I like that :)

I hear that with history too.. I tried Jam but that doesn't work, then Privacy and the pitch is wrong... I'll explore more history album vocals.

I guess I'm writing in case Azura reads this (you're awesome! I listen to your mixes ALL. THE. TIME!)

What does the audio (volume / clipping) sound like? - Would this be 'good enough' to share publicly? I'm on the fence..

Thanks for this, it's the only feedback I've had so far (apart from my fella who's not an MJ fan and won't get some of the references haha)..

I played around with Scream - there's several versions of this lol - and it's placed in different parts. You mean, extended the music longer before any lyrics? I like that :)

I hear that with history too.. I tried Jam but that doesn't work, then Privacy and the pitch is wrong... I'll explore more history album vocals.

I guess I'm writing in case Azura reads this (you're awesome! I listen to your mixes ALL. THE. TIME!)

What does the audio (volume / clipping) sound like? - Would this be 'good enough' to share publicly? I'm on the fence..
With a few of those fixes in mind, I'd definitely share it. It's great as it is already, but I definitely think extending the music a little longer before those lyrics come in - funky-ER!

HIStory - On the fence with those snippets but it's a hard balance. I get that!

Audio sounds good.

Wow. That's just given me a confidence boost thank you! I've been stuck at this point for about a month, after working on it for errm.. about a year(!).

Gonna start getting busy with it again :)

Edit: If you wanna laugh, listen to my first remix of scream - it's a deliberate take on my deafness..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back