Back What's new

'MICHAEL JACKSON AND ME' - A Memoir (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1609623213434.png

A real-life fairy tale: Michael Jackson and me is a 285-page memoir by Irish fan Talitha Linehan, in which she describes seeing Michael perform at 17 HIStory concerts, meeting him at hotels and venues across Europe, the US, and Asia, spending a day with him at Neverland Valley, and becoming a daily presence around him during his final years. The book includes never-before-published photographs of Michael and Talitha, and messages he wrote to her, from her private collection.

mjnev.jpg

“You're my fairy tale, Michael.” “Oooh,” said
Michael, and he brushed my cheek with his hand,
making me flutter.
This was the moment, under a starry sky in Las
Vegas, when Talitha Linehan told Michael
Jackson how she’d viewed him since childhood,
not just as a man but as a magical being.

Below is a selection of photographs of Michael Jackson and Talitha Linehan, taken between early 2003 and mid-2009.

In this deeply personal memoir, Talitha recalls a journey that began when she discovered Michael, while growing up in the Irish countryside, and that ended when she last spoke to him, at a rehearsal studio in LA, on the last night of his life.

The book cover in full-size -

Book-cover-A-real-life-fairy-tale-Michael-Jackson-and-me-by-Talitha-Linehan.jpg

Click the image for full size

$9.99 eBook, $19.99 paperback on Amazon.com

Amazon.co.uk - Click Here
Amazon.co.uk Kindle Edition - Click Here
Amazon.com - Click Here
Amazon.fr - Click Here
Amazon.de - Click Here
Amazon.co.au - Click Here

Full Source - michaeljacksonandme.com / Behind The Mask

Last edited:

Moonstreet

Well-known Moonwalker
Invited Member
I'm so excited for everyone to read this book. Talitha is one of my dear friends and I have been helping her behind the scenes with this book. Its such an incredible and brave thing she has done, sharing her very personal experiences with the world. The fan community knows her face from the many photos of her with Michael, such as the ones smooth-c has shared above, but very few people knew the stories behind the photos.

This book is a must read for all Michael fans. If you were active in the fan community before 2009, you will be taken on a trip down memory lane. If you are new to the fan community after 2009, you will go on the most magical adventure and get to see what it was like to see Michael in concert and events and what it was like to talk to him and be part of his world. If you are interested in the March to June 2009 timeline, and have always wondered about exactly happened on which days, which songs were rehearsed and so much more, then you will finally get those answers.

Moonstreet

Well-known Moonwalker
Invited Member
Ok, now that people are getting the paperback book in the post, I'm going to share my review. Talitha sent me a draft PDF word document in August. As I read it I made notes. I was reading it with two parts of my brain, as a fan and friend of Talitha and as a proof reader. I have only read the full PDF that one time, I am waiting for the paperback to arrive to read it again.

Theses are some of notes I wrote as I read it. Bare in mind I was just writing to Talitha, so it might sound different than a regular review. Also some background, I have known Talitha since 1999 and shared a flat in Munich Germany with her 2002/2003. Over the years she shared so much of her times with Michael with me, but I always kept my connection to her very private. Her background, times with Michael, photos of her with Michael, they were not my stories to tell, so I didn't.

Chapter 1

It is Talitha’s story but it is our story. It is the secret thoughts and feelings of every fan, how we all feel but never dare tell anyone.

Everyone finally knows her story, and hopefully it will stop all the speculation. It will answer everyone's questions about how she got to places, how old she is , how she could travel. Everyone just knows her from the pap photos from Vegas onwards but now they will see how she got there.

For the first time people will see the grit and determination and the brutality of what it took to be at the concerts. People just watch the YouTube concerts and see the spectacular show, and the smiling faces. They do not know what it took to be one of those smiling faces, the bruises on the body and soul.

Chapter 2

Especially now in this Covid world, the descriptions of the concerts, of how to be in the front pit, of the crush of people will totally capture people. Even just the ticket process, which in this digital age is no more. People will be fascinated as it is a totally alien world, concerts are just not like that anymore.

People need to read this, the story of two ordinary girls taking off on an adventure, all of it, the follower fans, the summer of 97. They need to see that yes it was amazing, but things did go wrong. Its all so relatable, especially now, when that world is gone in more ways than one.

These stories brings back so many memories, of Talitha telling them to me in the early years. It is a record of something that most people do not know about. None of this is known, outside of those of us who know Talitha and the other follower fans. It will also be validation for so many, all the others following the tour that summer.

Chapter 4

This is like a window back to happier times. So many memories, such a magical time for all of us. I lived it second hand, sharing her stories when she came back to Munich and while I could not be there, just knowing the stories and sharing her adventures meant so much. It was such a secret bubble world and I treasure all the memories, all the late night chats in the living room of the flat we shared.

Chapter 5

Reading the verdict day and here come the tears, not just from her words but from the memories in my head. I remember that absolute terror, the sick in the stomach feeling, the day we wanted but dreaded at the same time.

What Talitha has done, its truly a work of love, I hear him, I see him, and I want that world back. Its just the most special, beautiful tribute to the most special beautiful man.

d49k

Active Moonwalker
Thank you for this review - it gives no spoilers but provides an amount of detail I was looking for in terms of the content. I'm on the fence with this, and another book I'd like to get, I can only get them one at a time each payday lol.

Moonstreet

Well-known Moonwalker
Invited Member
Thank you for this review - it gives no spoilers but provides an amount of detail I was looking for in terms of the content. I'm on the fence with this, and another book I'd like to get, I can only get them one at a time each payday lol.
if you have any questions about this book or Talitha, let me know :)

Azza

Moonwalker
I’ve really got to read her book as she’s a fellow Corkonian. From Cork to Neverland! What a journey! It blows my mind!

Moonstreet

Well-known Moonwalker
Invited Member
I’ve really got to read her book as she’s a fellow Corkonian. From Cork to Neverland! What a journey! It blows my mind!

oh wow, I never realized you are Irish. Back in the day there were so few of us from Ireland

Azza

Moonwalker
Sounds just like my experience, we were far and few between, but everyone could rely on us for new and interesting MJ info :)
So true haha! I used to lend out my VHS copies of The Making of Thriller and The Legend Continues. As you can see I’m a little older than yourself but intrigued to hear what it was like growing up for the younger generation of fans.

We had the non-controversy era which was amazing but hardcore fans were few and far between, although I do remember during the Bad era when everyone I knew was a fan and that was amazing.

You guys had the controversy but I guess you had the fan forums for support. We’ll so did we I guess, although in 93 there’s nothing as such.

Ben Nagle

BTM Team
Content Team
I just recently finished Talitha's book so I thought I would just pen a few of my thoughts here.

Talitha has an amazing way with words and so vividly describes her experiences traversing Michael's world, from her time spent follwoing the HIStory tour for a period through europe to spending a day with Michael and a group of other fans at Neverland. Many of her experiences are nothing short of 'mind-blowing' and being able to live through her experiences was a real treat. As she recorded many of her conversations and interactions with Michael and his kids at the time it leads to very detailed accounts and further adds to the immersive experience of reading the book.

The period between late 2005 and early 2009 is a part of Michael's life that often seems left out with very little published about it with only a few expetions, so it was great to learn more about that time. I would highly recomend the book to anyone who has yet to read it, it is a fantastic jounrey and a roller coaster of emotions.

Moonstreet

Well-known Moonwalker
Invited Member
I just recently finished Talitha's book so I thought I would just pen a few of my thoughts here.

Talitha has an amazing way with words and so vividly describes her experiences traversing Michael's world, from her time spent follwoing the HIStory tour for a period through europe to spending a day with Michael and a group of other fans at Neverland. Many of her experiences are nothing short of 'mind-blowing' and being able to live through her experiences was a real treat. As she recorded many of her conversations and interactions with Michael and his kids at the time it leads to very detailed accounts and further adds to the immersive experience of reading the book.

The period between late 2005 and early 2009 is a part of Michael's life that often seems left out with very little published about it with only a few expetions, so it was great to learn more about that time. I would highly recomend the book to anyone who has yet to read it, it is a fantastic jounrey and a roller coaster of emotions.
aww, great review, so whats your favourite part, which part surprised you, which part make you go wow, I never knew that. Did it fill in any gaps that you always wanted to know about, was there anything which made you think oh wow, so thats what happened, kinda a bit different than the fan rumor's and gossip?

might be a good idea to use this , in case people don't want to know things before the read the book :)

d49k

Active Moonwalker
All the reviews here have made my mind up, I'm getting this book the next time I'm shopping at Amazon :) Apart from general MJ knowledge, the information I know for the 2005-2009 period is actually pretty weak so I'm looking forward to reading this now, when I get round to it. Thank you everyone for the reviews here :)

Ben Nagle

BTM Team
Content Team
so whats your favourite part
Very hard to choose a particular favorite part, but I'll go with the day Talitha spent at Neverland with Michael in September 2003. I found a lot of what Michael said to be very interesting, similar to topics he touched on in his Oxford Union speech from 2001. The fact she watched Smooth Criminal, in the Neverland Movie theater while sitting beside Michael Jackson and sharing his popcorn is mind-blowing.

which part make you go wow,
Primarily in the later years, from 2007 onward.
Specifically, the periods in which Michael was staying in Vegas and twords the end of 2008 and into 09 when she had a number of incredible opportunities to spend time with Michael in private.
Did it fill in any gaps that you always wanted to know about, was there anything which made you think oh wow, so thats what happened, kinda a bit different than the fan rumor's and gossip?
I found reading her first hand accounts from June 2009 to be very interesting, I had heard about the letters that fans wrote to Michael that were handed to him on what turned out to tragically be the final night of his life before. However, hearing more about how those letters came to be and what Talitha and her friends observed about Michael in those final weeks was very insightful. The conversation that Michael had with them at the end of May was also very interesting, it helps fill in the gaps in realtion to Michaels frame of mind and feelings about TII as time went on.

I read Talithas book following Aileans (homeschooling teacher for the kids) and as they both cover the same time in Michaels life, it was quite interesting to hear accounts from both perspectives.

Users who are viewing this thread