Back What's new
  • Update Regarding Multitracks + Registration

It's clear that this thread needs some love and attention. A lot of the links have either expired or been miss-labelled. With the amount of tracks there are, this is quite a practice. I have made the decision to lock this thread from further replies and to put out this notice that I will be refreshing this thread with updated links and guidance where needed.

I will update the thread on multitracks and the first post with any forth coming updates about this in due course. For information - I have also disabled user registrations to do some tidyup. Stay tuned.

The Michael Jackson 'Simulchat' (1 Viewer)

On this day in 1995, Michael Jackson participated in a 'Simulchat', in which fans had the opportunity to ask him questions directly via internet services such as Compuserve, America Online and Prodigy. While interacting with public figures and celebrities online is fairly commonplace today, this was quite the innovative move back in 1995! It was declared the worlds first 'Simulchat' and 25,000 people joined in around the world, with MTV playing Michael's short films and occasionally showing transcripts from the chat. Michael was still promoting the HIStory Album, and touched on topics such as his marriage, dealing with the press, his music and even revealed his favorite super hero!

Michael made a trend of pushing boundaries and breaking records throughout his career, so it comes at no surprise that he would become the first to use new and exiting technological advancements to interact with his fan base. Below is a link to a short video of Michael answering the first two questions, as well as the entire transcript from the night.

mj schat.jpg

Full Transcript (CNN)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back