Back What's new

Michael Jackson Forever (1 Viewer)

• Admin
badsocial.jpg

1ebony.jpg

I don't have much to say, apart from - Michael Jackson was King. Thank you for visiting this website, forum and fan-space. It's a place where we celebrate our hero. The man who inspired so many of us to do great things in our life.

12 years ago today, 12 years - I realised how one single thing could mean so much to me. We all have our own individual stories in either how we reacted at the time, or how we discovered Michael. That's personal to us, and cannot be recreated. It's not normal that such a life force could create this magic - for that, we're lucky.

Thank you for reading.

Kindest regards,
Greg Spinks, BTM Content Team

Behind The Mask

12 years ago today, 25th June 2009, I was in the middle of the biggest personal challenge of my life. The deepest part of a dark depression that I could do nothing about. So much had been taken from me that summer, the only thing I had to look forward to was the 4 tickets I had to go with my friends to see Michael Jackson in concert.

That evening I had gone to the house of one friend I was going to the show with. We excitedly said “We’re seeing Michael Jackson in 33 days!”… little did we know that as we spoke those words Michael’s lifeless body was being transported to UCLA Medical Centre. I received a text from an acquaintance to whom I have no particular fondness for, stating I needed to turn on the TV because there are reports Michael Jackson was dead. We turned it on, we watched, it was confirmed.

Although I never met him, although I never knew him, it was the straw that broke the camel’s back. The one thing I had to look forward to that summer had been ripped away in the most tragic way. People thought it was because of a celebrity death that I had a meltdown the next day, and was sent home from work to clear my mind. It wasn’t, it was the totality of my situation at the time. Of course I was devastated over Michael’s death, but that was 10% of the devastation I felt at the time about everything else. It was better for me at the time to have everyone think it was about MJ. It wasn’t.

I look back at that time and I hate it. I actively wish it had never happened. However, I also look at it and know that it led me to come back to Australia later that year, which led me to meet my future wife, and led me to all the people I have in my life today. The worst time of my life led to the best things about my life.

*** The lesson is no matter the devastation you feel, and no matter how terrible things in your past may be, your future doesn’t have to be that way. Your future can be the best thing ever, and it could have come from dealing with something awful. ***

With regards to Michael Jackson, I have learnt so much about the man since his death. I have learnt many lessons about compassion, fatherhood, mentorship and positivity in the face of adversity. As my wife and I prepare to bring a new child into this world, I have all the concerns about their future that any first-time parent would. But I also have such thankfulness for the opportunities I have to make their life the best it can be.

I am also thankful to have the opportunity to be part of the promotion, preservation and protection of the legacy of the very man who has taught me many life lessons without even knowing me. Through The MJCast I have made new friends and learnt even more about not just the man but his philosophy and how I can use it going forward.

So as much as 25th June is a sad date for all Michael Jackson fans, it is also an opportunity to reflect on what a truly great human being this world had, and lost. And to learn the lessons necessary to enable us to move forward.

RIP Michael Jackson. 12 years gone, but an eternity to never forget.

QueenJackson

Well-known Moonwalker
Invited Member
I couldn't speak, I couldn't cry, I was numb, I became a robot, I was lost and afraid!
I will never forget the pain but with that I will never forget the joy, the magic, the happy tears, the adventures, the love and the friends I had/have because of Michael!

Users who are viewing this thread