Back What's new
  • Update Regarding Multitracks + Registration

It's clear that this thread needs some love and attention. A lot of the links have either expired or been miss-labelled. With the amount of tracks there are, this is quite a practice. I have made the decision to lock this thread from further replies and to put out this notice that I will be refreshing this thread with updated links and guidance where needed.

I will update the thread on multitracks and the first post with any forth coming updates about this in due course. For information - I have also disabled user registrations to do some tidyup. Stay tuned.

Lets talk autographs (1 Viewer)

So, Michael autographs, do you have one (or more than one) would you buy one online?

I have 3, all signed by Michael for me.

Invincible CD signing 7th November 2001,
I got the red Invincible cd cover signed. There was a big debate with everyone waiting in line the night before, which colour cd to buy. I decided on the red one, as my thinking was that he would use a black marker and the autogrpah wiuld show up nice on the red cover.

Invincible CD signing Lanyard 8th November 2001
Everyone who got into the cd signing had a numbered lanyard. After the signing, me and my friends put them in our coat pockets and forgot about them. The next day we went to the hotel where Michael was staying and we managed to talk to him in his car in the hotel parking structure. There was only 6 or 8 of us there at the car and at one point , someone I can't remember who, asked him for an autograph. We were totally unprepared and then remembered we had the lanyards in our pockets, so we got him to sign them.

Berlin November 2002
When Michael was in Berlin for The Bambi Awards, he went shopping in a music shop. I was in a taxi with other fans and we managed to get to the music shop and get into the section where he was before security closed the section. There is a video on YouTube where you can hear me talking to him. One of the other fans asked him for an autograph and again I was unprepared. All I had with me was a photo I had taken of him from London March 2001 which I had in my wallet.

All my autographs are in very good condition. I keep them in the plastic bag from Virgin Megastore and I have never had them on display so they are not sun damaged or have been handled very much in the last 19 years. I would never sell them, as they are part of my memories.

I know so many fans never had the opportunities I had and the only way now to get an autograph is online. I feel conflicted about this. I know there are many genuine autographs out there but at the same time, its so easy for them to be fake. I know owning an autograph is important to many fans but at the same time, I don't understand it. To me an autograph is personal, something that has a connection to something I experienced. All of the times I got an autograph from Michael, it was never my main reason for meeting him. Going to the cd signing, it was a chance to meet him and in fact I almost walked away without the autograph, I left it on the table and the security guard picked it up and gave it to me. The other times, again, talking to Michael was more important than a piece of paper with his signature.

Thank you for sharing your stories as always!
I‘m also conflicted about the purchasing of autographs online, now of course if was presented with the opportunity to purchase a genuine autograph (and if I had the spare funds to pay for it), I would certainly consider it. There is still something nice knowing that it’s a connection to Michael, being something that he handled and signed. However it wound never be the same as getting an autograph from Michael yourself and having that very special memory connected to it.
I currently don’t have any signed items in my collection from any of my favourite artists, however I have preordered a signed copy of TJ Jackson’s Insomnia vinyl record so hopefully I will have one soon!

Thank you for sharing your stories as always!
I‘m also conflicted about the purchasing of autographs online, now of course if was presented with the opportunity to purchase a genuine autograph (and if I had the spare funds to pay for it), I would certainly consider it. There is still something nice knowing that it’s a connection to Michael, being something that he handled and signed. However it wound never be the same as getting an autograph from Michael yourself and having that very special memory connected to it.
I currently don’t have any signed items in my collection from any of my favourite artists, however I have preordered a signed copy of TJ Jackson’s Insomnia vinyl record so hopefully I will have one soon!
you are welcome :)
I'm so very hesitant about advising fans to buy an autograph online. IMO those certificates of authenticity are worthless, I would never trust them. I would only trust something like the seller having a photo or video with Michael, or the autograph being sold with an event ticket or some other proof that Michael signed the item on the day that the seller claims.

That signed vinyl from TJ is different, in that TJ is still alive and things like that would be sold from his website.

Unfortunately, I've never had the opportunity to be close to Michael in any way. I guess the closest I got was purchasing tickets for This Is It and getting 3rd row seats. (Sob). Though, I'd never consider purchasing an autograph, it wouldn't change how I feel about him and his music. - However, if I was able to have gotten his autograph first hand, it would probably be framed and hanging on the wall with pride. As you said, it's a personal thing but there are people who would desperately love to have / buy one.

If you do sell, maybe include the story of how you got it and if you have any photos of the event, provide a copy of them? It would add that extra connection for the recipient?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back