Back What's new
  • Update Regarding Multitracks + Registration

It's clear that this thread needs some love and attention. A lot of the links have either expired or been miss-labelled. With the amount of tracks there are, this is quite a practice. I have made the decision to lock this thread from further replies and to put out this notice that I will be refreshing this thread with updated links and guidance where needed.

I will update the thread on multitracks and the first post with any forth coming updates about this in due course. For information - I have also disabled user registrations to do some tidyup. Stay tuned.

Invincible- 'The Weakest Link' (1 Viewer)

I’ve only very recently gotten more into Invincible. My issues were the same as the points made here; better tracks were left off, lack of consistency etc. But it’s grown on me an awful lot. In December it was literally the only album I listened to for the entire month.

The full Interview bellow is a must-listen.

I like what MJ himself said about the album;

MJ’s favourite 3 tracks: Unbreakable, Speechless, The Lost Children.

MJ: Ghosts will be released on dvd in America, in its entirety with making of.

The song MJ personally relates to most: Unbreakable. Cause I’m one of the few that’s been through the ins and outs of so many different things. I’ve been through hell and back. I have to be honest, and still I’m able to do what I do, and nothing can stop me. No one can stop me, no matter what. I stop when I’m ready to stop.

Are you planning to do anymore short films for Invincible? Specifically the really fast tracks such as 2000 Watts, Heartbreaker, Unbreakable and Invincible?Absolutely. And whoever said that said the right words when they said short films. There’s an encyclopaedia, an array of short films to make from the album. I can’t wait to do Threatened. Which is a kind of scary one with Rod Sterling from the twilight zone. I can’t wait to get my hands on that one.

MJ:Of all my albums this was the toughest, cause I was hardest on myself. I wrote so many songs I don’t want to say the number, just to get to the 16 I think are acceptable. And I didn’t have children before the other albums so I caught a lot of colds. So I was sick a lot. Cause my children had colds. So we’d stop and start again and stop. It was a tough one. But I enjoyed it very very much.

Are there any surprises on the album? It is what it is, and you can interpret it the way you want to interpret it. Other than maybe we’ll be releasing some surprise cd singles at some point. In the future though. That’s coming up.

Michael Jackson 2001 Invincible Interview

When Invincible came out, I was around 22 yrs and had recently exited from my first serious relationship - I was feeling lonely. I had a crush on a guy at work who also seemed to be into me. So after a while, I plucked the courage to ask him out properly and he he broke my heart lol. Butterflies very quickly, overtook my favorite song of the moment (Unbreakable) and it became my signature song for months. I look back and laugh now but I always remember him when I hear that song.

Invincible seems to be my least listened to album, I have to be in the mood for slower tracks and because of this, I typically skip 8 tracks from Invincible. I'm not keen on 2000 Watts or Privacy either because they seem to be too overproduced so on reflection I skip most of this album which is Unfortunate. Unbreakable, Heartbreaker & Invincible as a trio are a great opener to the album, three power tracks which let you know he means business but then I skip to Threatened. By the time I've done that, I'm in the mood for HIStory or Blood On The Dance Floor albums..

I think Invincible minus 'The Lost Children', '2000 Watts' and maybe 'You Are My Life' would be a solid album, even though it still leaves some great material unreleased. The run time has always just felt a tad too long for me, especially when you hit some of the weaker (to put it nicely) tracks towards the end. Shedding this 8-2 minutes off would help amend that problem and I think overall help create a stronger more concise track list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back