they dont.jpg

Rachel Lockhart, a 19 year old dancer from Birmingham, Alabama and graduate of the Alabama School of Fine Arts has gone viral with her choreographed video to Michael Jackson's 'They Don't Care About Us'. The video, which expressed the teens' feelings about the 'Black Lives Matter' movement, runs at just under 3 minutes and was shot in locations throughout Birmingham, including the Black Lives Matter street mural.

On the Facebook post announcing the video, Rachel Wrote:
“Expressing all of the anger, frustration, wrath, and pain of our people through art, Fighting for a change through movement and film, we teamed up on this project in hopes of spreading awareness through our art.”

Lockhart said that for the choreography, she went into her garage, which has been converted into a dance studio and went mostly on feel, tapping into the emotions of the Black Lives Matter Movement.

“I played the music and just set whatever came to me,” she said. “I really wanted to channel the concepts of pain and anger and wrath that everyone has been feeling lately and put that all into movement and expression.”

Lockhart hopes to attend the Juilliard School in New York upon graduation, with her ultimate goal to teach dance. Check out the incredible video below:

Source(s) -
Please Log in to view URLs that have been listed here. It's free and quick.

Please Log in to view URLs that have been listed here. It's free and quick.
Reactions: smooth-c