Back What's new

Poster Revealed For New Movie 'The Glove' (1 Viewer)

Ben Nagle

BTM Team
Content Team
Country flag
theglove.jpg

The poster for a new movie titled 'The Glove' has been revealed. The movie, which is due to start filming next year, follows two childhood friends as they search for Michael Jackson's "mythical training glove".

The film is being produced by Kevin Proctor and Leopold Hughes with Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer writing and starring in the flick. Reeves & Mortimer have been developing The Glove's script for more than a decade. The film's official synopsis states:

"Vic and Bob are childhood friends who own a junk shop together where they both work and live. Profits are down and with their futures in jeopardy, they approach their obnoxious landlord to explain their 'rent' problems. Rather than helping them, the unsavoury character gives them a choice: eviction, or locate for him a rare and unusual item...

"What follows is a madcap road movie across Britain as they enter the world of strange collectables and celebrity memorabilia in search of the elusive glove."
When speaking to the 'British Comedy Club' earlier this year, Proctor confirmed that the glove is happening stating: "With this virus, everybody's projects have been pushed and everybody who is going to be in it, scheduling this movie around our director, our cast, it's one of those things where you've got to get it right. And to get it right, it means that we're going to shoot it next year."

The 'film' is expected to star the following - Vic Reeves, Bob Mortimer, Morgana Robinson, Noel Fielding, Matt Lucas, Tim Key, Tony Pitts, Paul Whitehouse and Tony Way

No more information is currently available about the film.

mjglove.jpg

Source- The British Comedy Club/ Behind The Mask

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dia

smooth-c

Well-known Moonwalker
Administrator
Country flag
What an odd thing! I can't imagine it will be positive and will most likely be distasteful. Who knows, I guess?!

smooth-c

Well-known Moonwalker
Administrator
Country flag
I've changed my stance. I've just seen the list of people starring within it. Matt Lucas being one of them, whom is a self-confessed hater for all things MJ. I've just added the list of people to the article :p

Ben Nagle

BTM Team
Content Team
Country flag
What an odd thing! I can't imagine it will be positive and will most likely be distasteful. Who knows, I guess?!
My thoughts exactly when I first saw it, considering it's a comedy, plenty of distasteful Michael jokes might be expected. Maybe we'll be proven wrong...

smooth-c

Well-known Moonwalker
Administrator
Country flag
I hope so. Noel Fielding has form for creating 'MJ' piss takes, though I'm sure with a board of comedians that might make things a bit different.

Dia

Moonwalker
Country flag
This upcoming film low-key reminds of a musical which has recently premiered in theatres called "For The Love Of A Glove", though the latter's premise is way more absurd and...questionable?(I haven't seen it due to Covid-19 but I've had the chance to read some reviews anent it/summaries on the Internet).
Here's its premise:
The show explores the first 25 years of Michael’s life, culminating in the mid-80s. It examines the abuse he endured from his father and the religious indoctrination inflicted by his mother. It moves through The Jackson 5’s Motown years and Michael’s early solo career. There are nods to future events, including allegations of child molestation that would rock the world a decade later. All of this is told using an out-of-this-world conceit: A band of space aliens who crashed into Lake Michigan offered the Jackson brothers musical talent in exchange for their blood.
If you've seen it...how is it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)