Back What's new

Longer Version of 'Ghosts' is coming on Michael Jackson's official YouTube channel? (1 Viewer)

smooth-c

Well-known Moonwalker
Administrator
Country flag
1599683414273.png

Apparently, the Michael Jackson Estate is preparing the 'debut' of the full version of the medium-length Ghosts for next month.

We will treat this as a rumour, since (there is) no official word on the matter yet, but the suspicion comes after the video clip 'changes its title' by adding 'Shortened Version '.

It is worth remembering that the same thing happened in 2017 after the premiere of the short film Bad directed by Martin Scorsese. On the official channel, there are two versions of the video clip.

1599683634259.png

The Estate is to launch Ghosts on the eve of Halloween, a time when Michael Jackson sales increase significantly.

Written by horror master Stephen King and celebrated at the 1997 Cannes Film Festival , Ghosts is yet another of Michael Jackson's impressive artistic achievements.

Check out the '' Shortened '' version -

Hopefully more to come!

Full Source - MJBeats.com.br

smooth-c

Well-known Moonwalker
Administrator
Country flag
Pretty sure there was mention before of remastering the footage for Ghosts in 4k like Thriller in order to give it the 3d treatment. Could you imagine?

Pipe dream for sure!

Ben Nagle

BTM Team
Content Team
Country flag
Ghosts in 4K would just be incredible.
It‘s a short film (or mid film :unsure:?) that isn’t as well known by the general public. Could you imagine if they gave it the thriller 3D treatment and bring it to movie theatres around the world?

Wishful thinking, but I guess anything is possible. It would be the estates first big public project since LN (because t-shirts and untastefull over priced box sets don’t count).

Moonstreet

Well-known Moonwalker
Invited Member
Country flag
I wonder have they finally sorted out the licencing rights??? The whole issue with Ghosts is that it was a joint venture between Michael and Kingdom Entertainment / Prince al-Waleed bin Talal of Saudi Arabia. Thats why Sony and now the Estate only ever had the rights to the short version, as promo for the song, during History tour.

SAUDI PRINCE, JACKSON FORM KINGDOM ENTERTAINMENT

CHICAGO TRIBUNE
March 19 1996

Saudi Arabia's richest investor on Tuesday announced a multimillion dollar show-business joint venture with pop star Michael Jackson.

Billionaire Prince al-Waleed bin Talal, in a statement sent to Reuters from his head office in the Saudi capital, Riyadh, said the business would be called Kingdom Entertainment.

One of their first joint activities would be sponsoring Jackson's world "History Tour," the statement said.

It said Kingdom Entertainment planned to pursue investments and development projects in a wide range of entertainment activities including animation, theme parks, theme restaurants, character licensing, television programming, motion pictures and multimedia.

Prince Waleed, 39, is a grandson of Saudi Arabia's founder, Ibn Saud, and nephew of King Fahd.

He heads the United Saudi Commercial Bank and has made substantial investments in the U.S. bank Citicorp, the Euro Disney theme park near Paris, Canary Wharf in London's Docklands, U.S. store group Saks Fifth Avenue, the Plaza Hotel in New York and the Four Seasons and Fairmont Hotel chains, Mediaset.

smooth-c

Well-known Moonwalker
Administrator
Country flag
I wonder have they finally sorted out the licencing rights??? The whole issue with Ghosts is that it was a joint venture between Michael and Kingdom Entertainment / Prince al-Waleed bin Talal of Saudi Arabia. Thats why Sony and now the Estate only ever had the rights to the short version, as promo for the song, during History tour.

SAUDI PRINCE, JACKSON FORM KINGDOM ENTERTAINMENT

CHICAGO TRIBUNE
March 19 1996

Saudi Arabia's richest investor on Tuesday announced a multimillion dollar show-business joint venture with pop star Michael Jackson.

Billionaire Prince al-Waleed bin Talal, in a statement sent to Reuters from his head office in the Saudi capital, Riyadh, said the business would be called Kingdom Entertainment.

One of their first joint activities would be sponsoring Jackson's world "History Tour," the statement said.

It said Kingdom Entertainment planned to pursue investments and development projects in a wide range of entertainment activities including animation, theme parks, theme restaurants, character licensing, television programming, motion pictures and multimedia.

Prince Waleed, 39, is a grandson of Saudi Arabia's founder, Ibn Saud, and nephew of King Fahd.

He heads the United Saudi Commercial Bank and has made substantial investments in the U.S. bank Citicorp, the Euro Disney theme park near Paris, Canary Wharf in London's Docklands, U.S. store group Saks Fifth Avenue, the Plaza Hotel in New York and the Four Seasons and Fairmont Hotel chains, Mediaset.
I was trying to find registered trademarks or copyright filings under the estate. I'm sure years ago there was a place to find all of that with recent and up to date information. It would be interesting to see if licences or whatever have changed hands.

Moonstreet

Well-known Moonwalker
Invited Member
Country flag
I was trying to find registered trademarks or copyright filings under the estate. I'm sure years ago there was a place to find all of that with recent and up to date information. It would be interesting to see if licences or whatever have changed hands.
yes that would be the first thing to try to find, but I wouldn't know where to look now. The fans for years have been complaining about The Estate not releasing the long version. Its not that The Estate don't care about releasing it, its just that there are licensing issues in the background preventing the release.

smooth-c

Well-known Moonwalker
Administrator
Country flag
yes that would be the first thing to try to find, but I wouldn't know where to look now. The fans for years have been complaining about The Estate not releasing the long version. Its not that The Estate don't care about releasing it, its just that there are licensing issues in the background preventing the release.
I think a lot of their problem is lack of transparency. I'll try and do some digging tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)